[PRINT this page] [E-MAIL a friend] [send us feedback] [home]
We Are Not Going Away

excerpts from a column by Cindy Sheehan. August 20, 2005

I did not just fall off a pumpkin truck in Crawford, Tx. two weeks ago. I have been writing, speaking, testifying in front of Congressional committees, lobbying Congress, and doing interviews for over a year now. I had many, many supporters before I left even left California. The people who supported me did so because they know that I tell the truth about this war.

I have stood up and said: "My son died for NOTHING, and George Bush and his evil cabal and their reckless policies killed him. My son was sent to fight in a war that had no basis in reality and was killed for it." I say my son died for LIES. George Bush LIED to us and he knew he was LYING.

Camp Casey has grown and prospered and survived all attacks and challenges because America is sick and tired of liars and hypocrites and we want the answers to the tough questions that I was the first to dare ask.

THIS is George Bush's accountability moment and he is failing miserably. George Bush and his advisers seriously "misunderestimated" me when they thought they could intimidate me into leaving before I had the answers, or before the end of August.

I can take anything they throw at me, or Camp Casey. If it shortens the war by a minute or saves one life, it is worth it.

I think they seriously "misunderestimated" all mothers. I wonder if any of them had authentic mother-child relationships and if they are surprised that there are so many mothers in this country who are bear-like when it comes to wanting the truth and who want to make meaning of their child's needless and seemingly meaningless deaths?

The Camp Casey movement will not die until we have a genuine accounting of the truth and until our troops are brought home. Get used to it George, we are not going away.


You have been reading excerpts from "Hypocrites and Liars" by Cindy Sheehan. You can read the entire piece here: tinyurl.com/9wq43. Thanks to buzzflash.com. We visit often and we hope you will too.

Powered by Blogger