[PRINT this page] [E-MAIL a friend] [send us feedback] [home]
Meeting With Bush Was 'Bizarre And Disgusting'

excerpts from a report by Greg Szymanski. July 5, 2005

Cindy Sheehan has already had her heart ripped into a million pieces by the illegal Iraqi war, losing her son only five days after he arrived in Baghdad in April 2004. So when Sheehan received an invitation to meet privately with President Bush at the White House, she could have expected a bit of compassion or a kind word.

But what she encountered was an arrogant man with eyes lacking the slightest bit of compassion, a President "detached from humanity" who didn’t even bother to remember her son’s name.

"The whole meeting was simply bizarre and disgusting, designed to intimidate instead of providing compassion. He didn’t even know our names," said Sheehan. "Finally I got so upset I just looked him in the eye, saying ‘I think you can imagine losing someone. You have two daughters. Imagine losing them?’ He just looked at me, with no feeling or caring in his eyes at all."

Sheehan said what really upset her about the meeting is that Bush appeared to become annoyed and even angry at her daughter Carley, 25, who also attended the White House get-together.

"My daughter said to him directly ‘I wish I could bring my loved one back’ and he said something like ‘so do we.’ Later she told me that after he made his remark he gave her one of the filthiest looks she had ever had gotten in her life.

"I just couldn’t believe this was happening. It was so surreal and bizarre. Later I met with some of the other 15 or 16 families who were at the White House the same day and, sure enough, they all felt the same way I did.


You have been reading excerpts from "Mom, Who Lost Son In Iraq, Talks About 'Disgusting' White House Private Meeting With Bush; Claims He Was Arrogant, 'Totally Detached From Humanity' And Didn't Even Know Her Name" by Greg Szymanski. You can read the entire piece here: tinyurl.com/9qpmq. Thanks to arcticbeacon.citymaker.com for this and much more.

Powered by Blogger